The Recruitment Process
Searching for your ideal teaching role? Read on to learn more about the recruitment process.
Why Apply Through Intrepid Teachers?
Why work with Intrepid Teachers?
- Most importantly, we are here to serve you, the candidate, to ensure that we can find you an exciting opportunity. Our administration charge is just £20 which you will get back once you sign a contract with your new employer. We are here to do all we can to find you the ideal role, and we ask for some commitment back to help that process.
- We only work with reputable schools so you can be confident of joining an institution that will support you
- We offer support for your visa application and in-country support on arrival if you need it
- We will supply you with numerous fact sheets and country information to ensure that you can learn in advance about where you are going
The Placement Process
We aim to make the recruiting process as easy as possible for you, the information below outlines all you need to know.
How To Apply
To apply for any of our jobs the first step is to pay the £20 administration charge and send us your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Your details will then be sent to one of our recruitment consultants who will contact you to discuss your application. Many schools can only move forward with an application once they have seen some relevant documentation. With this in mind it can speed up the process if you can also send us the following:
- Passport photo page (scan or a clear photo)
- Degree and TEFL certificates (scan)
- References (if any)
- Skype ID
- Introduction video lasting 1-2 minutes
However, if you need some time to collect any of these documents then please send what you can now and we can still move forward with your application.
Once we have reviewed your cv, we will have an initial call with you to discuss the cv and the role you applied to. From there we will share your cv with our selected clients. The schools will usually contact you directly and set up a time to be interviewed on Skype. Here they will discuss the role in detail to ensure you are well-informed and comfortable and then discuss previous work experience, qualifications and run through some possible teaching scenarios. Intrepid Teachers will then liaise with the establishment in-country to secure the position if you’re successful in the first stages of the interview.
On successful placement, Intrepid Teachers will help you liaise with in-country Managers, and clerical staff to ensure all documentation is processed correctly and that your visa is organised as quickly as possible. On landing in-country, you’ll be met by school staff who will help you settle in. Intrepid Teachers will be on hand for your first couple of months to ensure a smooth transition into your new role.